Hello, my name is Wendi (she/her/hers). I am a clinical counselling intern offering psychotherapy under the supervision of Jordan Pickell. My training is trauma-focused, and my approach is compassionate, collaborative, and nonjudgmental.
My utmost priority is to create and hold a safe space for you, as well as encourage you to reclaim space in our sessions, space which may have been compromised by life’s tragedies.
I work from a narrative therapy lens, where I believe we are the author of our own lives and have the ability to reclaim agency in the areas where we feel stuck. Together, we can approach challenges both creatively and concretely, including the use of metaphor to explore deeper feelings, and solutions-focused strategies to problem-solve constructively.
My goal is to collaborate with you to discover your inner strengths, recognize unactualized needs, embrace hidden parts, and empower you so you can navigate life in the way that most resonates with you.
*Therapy is fully virtual, available to clients Canada-wide. Please book a free consultation for the initial visit.
Areas of Focus
• Trauma • Sexual assault • Abuse • Chronic pain/illness • Boundaries • Identity • Minority experiences • Self-acceptance
I was a crisis line responder for Battered Women Support Services, where I supported crisis intervention and safety planning, and interpreted legal advocacy calls for Mandarin clients. I was also a peer counsellor at U of T Sexual Education Centre, where I advocated for LGBTQ+ rights and educated on sexual and relationship health. Prior to counselling, I was a classical piano teacher and performer for 15 years, during which I taught students of all ages and backgrounds.
• Mandarin Chinese
• Observed & Experiential Integration (OEI; Level 1) | SightPsych, 2023
• Gottman Method Couples Therapy (Level 1) | Gottman Institute, 2022
• Violence Prevention & Intervention | BWSS, 2020
• Socially Responsible Practitioner (SRP) | Adler University, 2021
• Indigenous Canada | University of Alberta, 2021
• MCP (pending) – Counselling Psychology | Adler University, 2021-2024
• BSc Hons. – Psychology major, Sexual Diversity Studies minor | University of Toronto, 2011-2016
• ARCT – Classical Piano Performance | Royal Conservatory of Music, 2009
I gratefully acknowledge that I am living on the unceded territories of the Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.